The Ladies Favourite Gold Souk of Dubai
Souk refers to an Arabic shopping place.
Dubai is a hub for gold lovers. Exceptional low prices attract billions of people to the Souk. However, the customer should have a very strong bargaining power to get the best
The Gold Souk of Dubai is a frequent stopover of many tourist buses.
When shopping in the Gold Souk, a purchaser should keep in mind
- Good knowledge about the market price: Vendors may quote twice the prevalent price to naïve customers. Prices fluctuate
on a daily basis. If you are well awareof the prices, you can easily haggle with the vendors. The Dubai Retail Gold Rate is a good source of knowledge about the gold market in Dubai.
- Good knowledge about the
types ofgold available: Research is always the key to a successful purchase transaction. Gold is mainly soldby weight and Karat. Gold with higher Karat is regardedto be purer than the ones with low Karat. 24 Karat gold is regardedas 100% pure. Usually, gold is regardedas a soft metal. It gets hardened when mixed with different metals like copper, silver, zinc, nickel, etc.
- Choose your jewelry: Once you know what type of accessory you want,
you shouldask about its Karat and weight. The attendants will weigh the pieces you choose.
- Bargaining should be your strong point: In a place like the Gold Souk of Dubai, we emphasize again that you should be a pro bargainer. Haggling is an art and must
be masteredbefore going to the ridiculously low priced areas of the Souk. You must bargain a straight 75% of the quoted price. In some cases, you shouldgo as low as 50%. Be ready to walk away if your price demands are not being met by the vendor. Many times, the vendors will ask you how much you are willing topay. The haggling is basedon the Rate and the Make. It must be notedthat the shopkeepers are usually very strict about the prices.
- Roam around: Before fixating on the price of your purchase, it is important to check out a maximum number of shops in the Gold Souk. There are hundreds of retailers to choose from. However, it is important to shop only from
thosevendors whose shops are being monitored by the Dubai Police.
- Don’t be too frugal: Many times, bargaining may not be the best solution for you. If you have already got your heart on an item and the price is not being negotiated further, it is better to drop your fantasies and move on. But the item is within your budget, and then it shouldn’t be much of an issue.
It has been specially noticedthat there is not much scope of haggling on rings.
The opening hours for the Gold Souk are 10 am to 10 pm Saturday to Thursday (but many stores close between 1 pm and 4 pm). Timings on Fridays are 4 pm to 10 pm.
It is a