Dubai Marina is a highly developed artificial canal area in Dubai. Built along the Arabian Gulf shoreline, this region is one of the poshest cities in Dubai. When entirely designed, it will be a home to more than 120000 people. There are many of residential villas and towers for the residents. Its first phase was completed well in time. Concord Pacific Place inspired its development.
Dubai Marina is a human-made city. A brand new waterfront created by bringing the Persian Gulf waters to its sight. A vast central waterway runs for a length of 3 km by its side. This channel was dug out from the desert. Around 12 percent of the land area has been handed over to the central part. There is also approximately 8 kilometer of public walkways.
This grand marina has been constructed and developed by leading real estate developers, Emaar Properties. The HOK of Canada has flawlessly and elegantly designed it. This marina also has a publicly accessible foreshore and some sections of the public ocean way. You can get some fascinating views of the Palm Jumeirah as well. Upon its completion, the Dubai Marina will be the most significant and grandest artificial marina ever. At present, this title belongs to Marina del Rey of California.
The most extensive development of Dubai Marina, till date, has been Jumeirah Beach Residence. The doors to the only mosque of Dubai Marina, Masjid Al Rahim, were opened in the year 2013. The location of the mosque is towards South. The entire Dubai Marina divides into two phases:
- Phase 1: It covers nearly 25 acres of the total area devoted to the Marina. It comprises of the Dubai Marina Towers and six apartment buildings. The total approximate cost of its development scales to approximately 1 billion AED. The three towers are called Fairooz, Murjan and Al Mass. Three other towers are called Mesk, Al Yass, and Anbar.
- Phase 2: This stage comprises of grand high buildings. These buildings clustered into one single block. There will be skyscrapers including Ocean Heights, Sulafa Tower, Infinity Tower, Marina Pinnacle, Damac Heights, Princess Tower, Elite Residence, Marina 101, 23 Marina, and Pentominium.
Some of the most iconic destinations in Dubai Marina are:
- Jumeirah Beach Residence: This building is the most extensive lone phase construction, sprawling over 1.7 kilometers. It comprises of 40 towers and can accommodate more than 15000 people. In the year 2002, JBR construction initiated and completed in the year of 2007. There are five top-rated hotels, two of which converted into residential towers. The other three are using as multi-purpose hotels.
- The Walk: The Walk is an approximately 1.5 kilometers strip and was developed by the Dubai Properties. It was construction completed in 2007. Officially launched in the year 2008, The Walk is a storehouse of many famous boutiques, restaurants, cafes, gyms and departmental stores. It spreads over two levels.
- The Beach: Located at the Jumeirah Beach Residence, The Beach comprises of four plazas. It is a grand retail complex and constructed by Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum. This elaborate houses seventy beverage and retail outlets, parking space and entertainment facilities.
- Al Sahab: This twin tower outlook the largest water bay at the Dubai Marina. Developed by the great Emaar, it is one of the most premium towers in Dubai. It is the costliest residential place in Dubai.
- Al Majara: This comprises of five residential buildings. There are high waterfront apartments juxtaposed to the old Dubai Marina Yacht Club.
- Marina Promenade: This residential conclave overlooks the most scenic and the fullest part of the awe-inspiring bay. It is suitably located opposite to the Dubai Marina Yacht Club and comprises of a total of six towers and many luxurious villas.
- Marina Quays: Stretching over 20 meters in length, Marina Quays comprises of three residential units, many shops, apartments, and villas
- Park Island: It is a development with four towers. Name of these towers is Sanibel, Bonaire, Blakely, and Fairfield respectively. There are vast landscaped gardens and parks for the entertainment and refreshment of the residents.
- Dubai Marina Mall: It features a total of 140 substantial retail outlets. Sprawling over 390000 square feet in area, Dubai Marina Mall is a prime attraction for the visitors and the residents. It is one of the largest and the most diversified shopping malls in Dubai. It was launched in 2008 and comprises of shops, supermarket, multiple screen Reel cinemas and playing area for children.
- The Tallest Block: It contains some supertall skyscrapers. It has been constructed on the western side of the Dubai Marina and houses some of the tallest and the grandest residential towers. These tall buildings clustered into one single block and thus the name ‘The Tallest Block of Dubai Marina.’ The skyscrapers are lofty and range from 250 meters to 516 meters.
Modes of Transportation
- Dubai Metro: Dubai Marina has very well connectivity with the Dubai Metro. It is a quick transition station on the Red Line. The Dubai Marina station is a type 2 station. The access to this location guided via walkways above the Sheikh Zayed Road. Damac Properties acquired the rights to the naming of the Dubai Marina Station. Hence the station has been renamed to Damac Station.
- Dubai Tramway: The tramway is called Al Sufouh. It runs 9 km along the Al Sufouh Road and interchanges with three Red Line stations. This tram also connects with the single rail of the Palm Jumeirah. The tramway project completed in the year 2014.
Overall, the Dubai Marina is one of the best residential destinations in Dubai. It offers some classy outdoor entertainment and recreation facilities to its residents. This posh area of Dubai deserves a special mention from our side. It is one of the must visit the site. You can spend a day in luxury with your friends or family at this place.